In this video, Paula serves traditional potato bread or fadge filled with sweetened stewed apples to make a tasty dessert or breakfast snack.
250 g dry mashed potatoes cooked in salted water
9 oz dry mashed potatoes cooked in salted water
- Put the mashed potatoes and flour into mixing bowl.
- Use your hands to mix to a dough.
- On a floured surface, knead the dough gently and divide in two.
- Shape the two pieces of dough into balls and roll out to form rounds.
- Place cooked apple on one side of the round.
- Fold over free side to create ½ circle and crimp edges together to stop filling leaking.
- Cook on a hot griddle or dry frying pan for 5 to 10 minutes until golden, then turn. Cook until both sides are golden and sound hollow when tapped.
- Eat while hot either as a dessert or with grilled smoked bacon.