Molly Gowan and Clappy Doos
Paula prepares monkfish (known as Molly Gowan) and mussels (known as clappy doos) with dried and smoked dulse (seaweed) and serves with kale.
Mollygowan and clappy doo with kale
350g monkfish (mollygowan) cut into rounds
12ozs monkfish (mollygowan) cut into rounds
- Cook the kale in salted water.
- Cook the mussels in water and cider.
- Heat the oil in a pan/skillet.
- Season the monkfish and add to the pan. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add the onion, elderberry capers, dulse and knob of butter.
- Season with smoked dulse and add elderberry liquid.
- Drain the kale and mussels and add to the pan. Stir well together.
- Place monkfish, mussels and kale on serving dish. Add butter to the pan and stir.
- Spoon sauce over the fish.
- Garnish with parsley.