The Monreagh Heritage Centre is housed in a former Presbyterian manse and is located in the heart of the Laggan, a district in the east of County Donegal that has been shaped by waves of migration, most significantly by Scottish settlers in the 17th century. The exhibition tells the story of the area, the history of Presbyterianism in the region, and the links that exist between east Donegal and the wider world.
Opposite the centre is the historic Monreagh Presbyterian Church. The congregation dates from 1644 making it one of the oldest in Ulster. Its first minister was Robert Cunningham and he was succeeded in 1655 by John Hart from Hamilton in Scotland. The meeting house, in the traditional T-plan, retains many of its original features.
Monreagh Heritage Centre, Old Manse, Monreagh, Carrigans, Donegal
+353 (0)74 914070